Want to Include impressive Waterfall Charts / Bridge graphs in your Corporate Reports?
Waterfall graphs or bridge charts provide great visualizations for Management Reports.
In this course you learn how to include different variations of the Waterfall Chart in your reports. No VBA or Add-ins are required.
The best part is you can use ANY version of Excel too.
You'd like to impress your Management and colleagues by introducing new techniques to create simple and effective Waterfall charts? Then this course is for you!
When you enroll today you'll get instant access to:
- 5 hours of video content you can watch on your desktop, smartphone or tablet
- Business examples of the Waterfall chart as well as many variations
- Secret chart tricks you can use on ANY other chart to get the effect you want
- Ability to think outside-the-box when it comes to Excel charts
Why use a Waterfall Chart?
A waterfall chart or a bridge chart is a very liked chart by Management.
For good reason too.
They provide an effective way of visualizing your data that helps you understand how you got from one balance to another balance.
Waterfall graphs are common for financial figures – they allow you to see the profit development – how you got from gross sales to net income or how your earnings developed from last year to this year. But they are also a good story teller for non-financial data.
Waterfall Charts Covered
- Excel 2016 Waterfall chart - advantages & limitations (for those that have Excel 2016).
- The most flexible method to create the Waterfall chart (for any Excel version).
- How to tweak the Waterfall chart for presentation purposes, e.g. long category labels can result in an "untidy" look for the chart and divert attention from your message, adding dynamic, moving arrows that reflect the total difference between end and beginning values, etc.
- Vertical Waterfall chart - bar Waterfall version - (for any Excel version).
- Stacked Waterfall charts - different variations.
- and much more - new lectures will be added to address different business issues.
Excellent course! All about Waterfall Charts, just what I wanted to learn. Highly professional delivery and extremely helpful supporting material. It's already my second course with this instructor and I knew what I could expect :-) You did again a fantastic job, Leila. Thank you for this great course.
- Ulrika Garner
Would highly recommend for anyone who works with numbers and scared of graphs, simply amazing! Brilliant teacher!
- Edward Madziwa
Get started now!
- BONUS 1: Download the Demo Workbook & use it as your Waterfall Chart template. Just open the file on your computer and plug in your numbers and categories.
- BONUS 2: Cheat Sheets that summarize the steps for each Waterfall chart. If you ever need to make one from scratch - just follow the steps on the sheets.
- BONUS 3: Download the videos most relevant for your work and refer to them anytime you need.
Valued at $60
Get it for
(why so cheap? See FAQ section below)
My courses & tutorials are for those who use Excel at work and want to become better. For those that want to contribute by coming up with solutions to problems.
I don’t just want to show you solutions, but to inspire you to experiment, create and share that with others.
On my YouTube channel, I share Excel tips & tricks based on questions I get from the Excel online community & professionals at my training sessions.
I am a Certified Microsoft Excel Expert and was given the Microsoft Excel MVP award in 2017. I have over 15 years of experience implementing and training users on Management Information Systems of different sizes and nature - these include SAP BW and Oracle HFM.
My background is: Masters in Economics, Economist, Consultant, Oracle HFM Accounting Systems Expert & Project Manager. My passion is teaching and solving difficult Excel problems. I am also addicted to learning and enjoy taking online courses on a variety of topics.
I founded XelPlus in 2015. My aim with my site is to help people gain the knowledge they need so they can create useful tools, solve problems and get more done.
Let's start now.
StartEasiest Method to Create the Waterfall in ANY Excel Version (15:01)
StartFlexible Waterfall Chart - Step by Step (17:23)
StartHow to use this Waterfall Chart as Your Template (5:20)
StartAdding Subtotals to the Excel Waterfall Chart (11:43)
StartYour Challenge - Create the Waterfall from Scratch
Do you use Excel add-ins for your Waterfall or struggle with your data preparation?
Some people use Excel add-ins to create the Waterfall chart.
Because they save on the frustration and headache that comes with preparing the data properly for the charts.
Here's the problem though when working with waterfall chart add-ins:
- We update the data and forget to re-run or "refresh" the add-in (unfortunately this happens more than we'd like)
- Management likes to slightly change the visualization provided by the add-in (unfortunately we're not flexible enough to change this)
- Management requests other complex variations of the waterfall chart
- Our add-in doesn't work with the latest version of Excel
That's why it pays off to KNOW how to create waterfalls charts from scratch!
You can take this course no matter which Excel version you have. The course is created on Excel 2016 but you can follow along on your version as well. Everything can be recreated in older version of Excel – 2007, 2010 & 2013, except of course the new Excel 2016 waterfall chart. Whenever I use a technique that’s available from a specific Excel version, I do state it in the video. You don’t need to worry about compatibility when you share your charts. Something you need to worry about if you use Excel 2016 standard waterfall chart.
Here's an example of dynamic techniques you will learn:
You'll also learn how to create vertical waterfall bar charts like this one:
Quite Impressive Right?
Yet they can be made from scratch in Excel in a few steps. Of course in a dynamic manner. And Yes, in ANY version of Excel – 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2019!
Even if you use Excel add-ins to design your Waterfall charts, it’s good practice to know how to create them from scratch. It will open your eyes to the possibilities in Excel.
Great information & love the ability to move along and practice myself whilst watching. Some of it is high paced, however, clicking back and pausing helps me follow along. Probably 1 of the best Excel graph chart training videos I've come across, learnt a great deal. Thanks John
- John Bostock