WOULD YOU LIKE A FREE TOOL TO AUTOMATE YOUR REPETITIVE OR COMPLEX TASKS?
Power Query is like an Instant Miracle Cure to your difficult data analysis problems:
- You can quickly combine and consolidate large data from different sources like Excel, text files, the web, online services, databases, even your Outlook! (Plus many more).
- You can convert downloads from your ERP system into information you can use.
- Replace complex Excel formulas with a click of a button.
- Turn complex data transformations that took forever to do (such as unpivoting data), to just a few clicks.
Guess what? You can apply ALL the knowledge you learn in this course to Power BI as well!
INSIDE THE COURSE YOU GET ACCESS TO
- 18+ hours of video tutorials organized together with a learning path
- 200+ downloaded workbooks (both START and SOLUTION files)
- Tons of Challenges & Quizzes to test your knowledge
- 2 Detailed manuals - a Solution Book & a Quick Reference book
- A Pro section covering topics only a few Power Query Pros know
(NOT AVAILABLE ON OTHER PLATFORMS!)
BONUS 1: Get 2 eBooks for quick reference: Solution Book and Quick Reference Guide (available 30 days after enrollment - see below).
BONUS 2: A 2 hour PRO section with complex problem-solving techniques (available 60 days after enrollment - see below).
Downloadable lectures for offline study
VALUED AT $294
Get it for an unbelievable price!
(Why so cheap? See FAQ section below)
BONUS 1: Your Very Own Detailed Power Query Manuals
You'll be receiving these manuals inside the course so you can keep them handy and refer to them when you need:
- The detailed Reference Guide is over 230 pages and covers all the important aspects of Power Query.
- The Solution Book covers common problems and solutions to these in over 100 pages!
BONUS 2: Pro Techniques Only a Few Know
In the Power Query Pro section we cover more complex problems you might come across.
- How to create a mapping table for column headers when combining files from a folder.
- Tackle complex pivot issues.
- Add validation reports to make sure business rules are met (similar to data validation checks in Excel).
- Dynamically keep and replace column names based on a master table.
- Split columns by multiple delimiters instead of just one.
The second section covers a function only Power Query Pros know how to use: List.Accumulate.
With this function you can "loop" through a list and adjust the values as you loop.
This way you can achieve tasks that are otherwise not possible OR might require a lot of steps.
It's not an easy function to understand. AND It doesn't have much documentation online.
That's why I've dedicated a whole section to List.Accumulate.
The Pro section will be released 60 days after enrolling in the course. This gives you enough time to cover the basics and advanced sections and get enough practice.
Here's the problem...
Excel Power Query has been a part of Excel since Excel 2016! It's in the Data tab under Get and Transform.
Unfortunately many people haven't explored what it has to offer!
They continue doing things the old "manual" way, Or the "complex" way with difficult formulas.
And something else you may not know ...
Generally, when you learn something, the more effort you put in, the more you get out.
But it's NOT the same with learning Power Query!
If you just put in a little effort, you get SO much in return! This is the difference with learning Power Query to learning other skills like VBA.
And that’s why I created this course!
To give you the tools to really make a difference at your workplace. I’m going to take you from Power Query Beginner to Pro!
This is the only course for Power Query you will EVER need!
In addition to exercises and challenges we will complete 3 real business projects from scratch. We will combine Excel's Data Model and Power Query to create an interactive dashboard that includes Pivot Tables and Slicers. I will also introduce you to Power BI by creating a dashboard that can be shared online.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH
- Import, transform and clean large data from different sources (Excel, csv, web, SharePoint etc.)
- Combine data from multiple Excel workbooks into a single Table (or Pivot Table)
- Consolidate data from all files in a folder (and make exceptions as you need)
- Understand and write your own Custom Power Query M functions to do tasks you can't easily do with the interface
- Use Excel's Data Model and Power Pivot to Create Relationships between your data
- Understand when to use Excel Power Query and when to Load data to Excel's Data Model
- Create an interactive Excel Dashboard with Power Query, Data Model, Pivot Tables and slicers
- Use Power Query in Power BI and create a dashboard you share online
DOES IT APPLY TO ME? CAN I USE THIS AT WORK?
This course - which includes 18 hours of video content, 3 complete business projects, 200+ workbooks, downloadable course notes, challenges, and quizzes - is like no other course out there. I don't say that lightly.
Learning Power Query will be more fun and effortless than you think. Because you will learn to use Power Query like an expert right from the start!
The course is split in 2 parts: Essentials and Advanced.
- Just from the Essentials you will be able to solve many problems and make a meaningful impact in your work
- In the Advanced section you will discover how the M formula-language thinks and works. This will enable you to write your own custom functions to do tasks that you can't easily do from the interface alone.
- In the Pro section you tackle more complex problems and learn about the power of the List.Accmulate function.
I included challenges, quizzes and fun exercises which will help you prepare for the real world.
The course comes with lifetime access, which means that you can retake the course for as long as it's in existence - for free.
Finally, it comes with a risk-free 30 days money-back guarantee. Do the work and if you don’t think it’s worth it, you get your money back. Simple as that.
Your Job does not have to be boring or complicated.
Come join me in this course and prepare to be amazed!
"I have been "following" you for a while and when I saw the ad for your Power Query course I hesitatingly signed up for it. I started going through the course and by the time I was about 24% finished I was able to go back and redo a really complex Excel report that took me on average 2 days to create and involved a lot of manual steps, subject to a lot of errors. By using Power Query I was able to create the exact same report in about 4 hours - only because I was not familiar with PQ and had to go back and relisten to some of the lessons again.
In about 12 PQ steps I recreated the entire report merging with no less than 4 other tables and there is no manual intervention required. This means I can run the report on updated data as I need to.
I am COMPLETELY blown away by the power of PQ and Excel. Let me point out that I know :
I have used Microsoft Visual Studio for 3 years on an almost daily basis.
For pure productivity for the work that I do, nothing comes close to Excel PQ.
You are without doubt one of the most accomplished lecturers it has been my pleasure to listen to. Thank you so much for all the work you do and please keep telling me about the conferences and any new courses you have."
- Alen Schiller
(Thank you Alen for allowing me to share your feedback)
My courses & tutorials are for those who use spreadsheets at work and want to become better. For those that want to contribute by coming up with solutions to problems.
I don’t just want to show you solutions, but to inspire you to experiment, create and share that with others.
On my YouTube channel, I share Office Productivity tips & tricks based on questions I get from our online community & professionals at my training sessions.
I am a Certified Microsoft Excel Expert and was given the Microsoft MVP award in 2017. I have over 15 years of experience implementing and training users on Management Information Systems of different sizes and nature - these include SAP BW and Oracle HFM.
My background is: Masters in Economics, Economist, Consultant, Oracle HFM Accounting Systems Expert & Project Manager. My passion is teaching and solving difficult Excel problems. I am also addicted to learning and enjoy taking online courses on a variety of topics.
I founded XelPlus in 2015. My aim with my site is to help people gain the knowledge they need so they can create useful tools, solve problems and get more done.
Let's start now.
- This course is designed for Excel on Windows - Power Query is currently NOT available in native Mac.
- Microsoft Excel 2019 or Microsoft 365 (Note: General functionality is also available in Excel 2016 but some features require newer versions).
- Basic understanding of Excel Pivot Tables and Excel formulas & functions is an asset.
PreviewAnalyze Large Data Quickly! Pivot Table or Power Query? (5:41)
StartPower Query Overview: Import Large Data from Another File (12:14)
StartPower Query Editor & Basic Transformation (9:43)
StartQuick Insights on Data Quality & Distribution (Hidden Feature) (6:04)
StartFormula Bar, Applied Steps & M Code (6:58)
StartClose & Load Destinations (How to Change Them) (5:50)
StartRefresh Data & PQ Refresh Options (4:21)
StartImport CSV File & Extract Text Based on Pattern (7:18)
StartMerge Data with Another File (Pivot Table from Multiple Files) (7:56)
StartOld School Method: What if There Was NO Power Query? (4:14)
StartActivity: Get Familiar with PQ